- ¾ oz fresh parsley
- ¾ oz fresh basil
- ¾ oz fresh rocket or coriander
- ¼ fl oz chopped mint
- 2¾ fl oz olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 8½ fl oz quinoa
- 25¼ fl oz strong Carmién rooibos tea
- 7 oz young asparagus
- 7 oz fine beans
- 7 oz baby spinach leaves
- 4¼ fl oz crumbled feta
- 4¼ fl oz pomegranate seeds
- 1¾ oz chopped salted pistachio nuts or black sesame seed
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Rinse the quinoa several times in cold water, then drain (otherwise it tends to be bitter).
- Bring the tea to a boil and add the quinoa. Reduce the heat and cook for about 15 minutes till all the liquid is absorbed. The cooked quinoa should be soft but not mushy. Transfer to a salad bowl and fluff.
- Blanch the asparagus and fine beans, refresh under iced water and set aside.
- Stir the herb pesto into the quinoa and mix thoroughly. Add the remaining ingredients to the quinoa, gently toss through and cool till ready to serve.