20 g fresh parsley
20 g fresh basil
20 g fresh rocket or coriander
10 ml (2 t) chopped mint
80 ml (1/4 c) olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
½ tsp chopped fresh garlic
250 ml (1 c) quinoa, rinsed
500 ml (2 c) strong Carmien green honeybush & mint rooibos tea (4 bags)
250 ml (1 c) Carmien green rooibos with fennel (2 bags)
200 g young asparagus
200 g fine beans, trimmed
200 g baby spinach leaves
125 ml (1/2 c) crumbled feta
125 ml (1/2 c) pomegranate seeds
50 g chopped salted pistachio nuts or black sesame seeds
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
1. Rinse the quinoa several times in cold water, then drain (otherwise it tends to be bitter).
2. Bring the tea to the boil and add the quinoa. Reduce the heat and cook for about 15 minutes till all the liquid is absorbed. The cooked quinoa should be soft but not mushy. Transfer to a salad bowl and fluff.
3. Blanch the asparagus and fine beans, refresh under iced water and set aside.
4. Stir the herb pesto into the quinoa and mix through thoroughly. Add the remaining ingredients to the quinoa, gently toss through and cool till ready to serve.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.