2,5 kg deboned pork neck, rind removed
Salt and pepper
2 litre strong Carmien Ginger & Chilli green rooibos tea (10 bags)
Rind of 1 lemon
1 onion, chopped
Corn flour for thickening
1 bottle preserved ginger, chopped and syrup reserved
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Season the pork neck well with salt and pepper. Secure with a piece of string or netting.
3. Place in an oven casserole. Add the rooibos tea, lemon rind and onion. Cover.
4. Cook 30 minutes per 500 g plus 30 minutes till the meat are done, turn the meat halfway during the cooking time.
1. Remove the meat from the oven and remove the netting if used. Mix the ginger pieces and syrup and smear over the pork. Increase the heat to 200°C and roast uncovered till the glaze is slightly caramelized.
2. GRAVY Boil down the pan sauces till flavoursome. Thicken with some corn flour mixed with a little water to make a paste. Serve with water melon salad.