CURRIED PORK RIBS WITH CHOPPED SALAD
We often went on hiking trips to the Cedarberg and a curried pork rib was always on the menu for the Saturday night. This curry sauce really is delicious and versatile, perfect for sosaties and chicken pieces.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Braai: 60-75 minutes
15 ml (1 c) oil
2 onions, chopped
5 ml (1 t) chopped garlic
30 ml (2 T) medium roasted curry
30 ml (2 T) garam masala
15 ml (1 T) turmeric
15 ml (1 T) paprika
15 ml (1 T) cumin
625 ml (2 1/2 c) Carmien rooibos tea, made with 3 teabags of FOCUS (Rooibos Chai) & 3 teabags of REVIVE (Ginger, Chilli Rooibos)
400 g (1 can) chopped tomatoes
400 g (1 can) apples, puréed
60 ml (1/4 c) sugar, or to taste
salt & pepper to taste
1 whole pork rib
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cucumber, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
60-80 ml chopped coriander
20 ml (4 t) chopped mint
few basil leaves, torn
sugar to taste
8-10 dried apricots, pears or nectarines, cooked in Carmién FOCUS (chai rooibos) till soft, but still in tact
400 g (1 can) mini apples on the stem
1. Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic till soft. Add the curry, garam masala and rest of the spices and stir-fry for 1 minute.
2. Add the rooibos tea (with the teabags), tomatoes, bay leaves and puréed apples, and cook for about 20-30 minutes till the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Cool.
3. Pour over the ribs and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Braai the ribs over medium coals, turning often until done, about 60 min. Baste with the marinade from time to time.
1. Mix together all the ingredients.
1. Place the rib on a serving platter, scatter some rocket over and serve with stewed apricots, apples and chopped salad.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.