2,5 kg leg of lamb
Salt and pepper
2—3 onions, chopped
10 cloves garlic, peeled
500 ml (2 c) strong Carmien cherry orange rooibos tea (6 bags)
500 ml (2 c) strong Carmien chai rooibos tea (6 bags)
1 piece stick cinnamon
3 bay leaves
250 g prunes
Good handful green olives
Good handful chopped coriander
Multi-colour baby carrots
Extra coriander sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the onions and garlic on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Place the leg of lamb on top, fatty side facing down.
4. Mix the two flavours of rooibos tea, add the cinnamon stick and bay leaves and pour into the casserole dish. Cover and cook for about 2—21/2 hours (30 minutes per 500 g) or until the meat is very tender and almost fall off the bone. Turn the meat halfway of the cooking time, then also add the prunes and chopped coriander to the pan juices.
5. Remove the lid, making sure the fatty side of the meat is facing upwards and roast the meat until it is golden brown in colour.
6. Remove the meat from the pan juices and place on a serving platter. Cover with tin foil and rest in the warming drawer for at least 10 minutes before carving.
7. Place the casserole on a stove plate and heat till the pan juices have reduced. Add the olives and carrots and heat till warm. Strain, reserving the gravy. Spoon the carrot mixture on the serving platter next to the meat. Scatter extra coriander sprigs on top and serve with the gravy.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.