250 ml (1 c) dried apricots
180 ml (2/3 chopped dates
Sugar to taste (optional)
250 ml (1 c) Carmien cherry orange rooibos tea & Carmien chia rooibos tea (2 bags each)
15 ml (1 T) brandy
80 ml (1/3 c) chopped almonds
250 g ice-cold butter, cubed
250 ml (1 c) icing sugar
500 ml (2 c) cake flour
80 ml (1/3 c) corn flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a few baking sheets with spray ‘n cook.
1. Place the dried fruit in a pot, add the rooibos tea, brandy and sugar if needed and cook till soft and most of the tea has evaporated. Cool and chop finely. Add the almonds.
1. Place all the ingredients for the pastry in a food processor and process till well blended. Remove from the food processor, form in a ball, cover in cling wrap and refrigerate till firm.
2. Roll out till about 4 mm thick and cut out circles, 7 cm in diameter.
3. Place 5—10 ml (1—2 t) filling in the centre of each circle of dough. Fold up the edges on three sides to create a triangular biscuit with the filling visible in the centre. Arrange on the baking sheets.
4. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden, the biscuit will still be soft. Leave for 10 minutes to cool on the baking sheets. Then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Dust with icing sugar before serving with tea.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.