SCRAMBLED EGG ON TOASTED DATE & APPLE BREAD
Turn a ordinary dish into something really special with a slice of yummy fruity bread. Bake the bread the day before, so you only need to toast it in the morning. This mixture is also ideal for muffins.
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 25 min
180 g Dates
2 ml Bicarbonate of soda (1/2t)
200 ml Hot Carmien Aniseed & Fennel Rooibos Tea, made with 4 teabags
280 g Cake flour or gluten-free flour
12 ml Baking powder (2 1/2t)
60 g Desiccated coconut
200 g Grated Granny Smith apples
100 ml Oil
5 ml Vanilla essence (1t)
2 Eggs per person, scrambled
1 Strip smoked salmon per person
Thinly sliced radishes and dried onion sprinkle (optional)
Dill for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a baking sheet.
3. Chop the dates and add the bicarbonate of soda. Pour over the rooibos tea and let cool.
4. Sift together the flour and baking powder, then add the coconut.
5. Mix the apples and date mixture.
6. Beat together the oil, eggs and vanilla essence and add to the dry ingredients, alternating with the apple mixture. Do not over-mix.
7. Shape in a oval shape on the baking sheet and bake 25 minutes till done.
8. Slice and toast if preferred. Butter with cream cheese.
1. Prepare scrambled egg and spoon onto three slices of toast per person.
2. Arrange salmon strips on top and finish with sliced radishes, onion sprinkle and dill.
3. HINT: Prepare the bread mixture, spoon into muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes till done. Serve with sugar-free jam and cottage cheese.
4. Add 2 bags of Carmien Cookies & Cream Rooibos to the Aniseed & Fennel Rooibos mixture if you want to enhance the coconut flavour.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.