125 ml (1/2 c) milk
3 Carmién rooibos & chai spices tea bags
250 ml (1 c) xyilitol or caster sugar
250 ml (1 c) plain yogurt
250 g ground almonds
200 g coconut or polenta
7 ml (11/2 t) baking powder
90 ml (6 T) chopped pistachios or pecan nuts
30 ml (2 t) rosewater (optional)
3 Carmién cherry orange tea bags
250 ml (1 c) boiling water
80—125 ml (1/3—1/2 c) xyiliotol or caster sugar
30 ml (2 T) rosewater (optional)
1 tub creamed cottage cheese
Xyilitol to taste
Variety of berries
Vintage romance flower tea for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line and grease a 22 cm square tin.
1. Pour the milk over the tea bags, heat till just under boiling point. Steep the tea bags in the hot milk till strong. Remove the tea bags, making sure that you squeeze out all the liquid.
2. Beat the eggs and xyilitol or sugar till thick and creamy, then fold in the yogurt.
3. Fold in the ground almonds, coconut, baking powder and pistachio nuts.
4. Add the rosewater to the milk and stir into the cake batter. Pour into the lined tin. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a testing skrewer comes out clean.
1. Place all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for about 5–10 minutes until flavoursome. Pour over the cake in the tin. Cool. Cut the cake in half.
1. Sweeten the creamed cottage cheese with xyilitol to taste.
2. Spread the cottage cheese on the bottom layer and arrange the other layer on top.
3. Decorate the top with figs, berries, vintage romance flower tea and, pistachio nuts. Dust with icing sugar.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.