ROOIBOS HOT CHOCOLATE
The hint of rooibos pairs beautifully with the real chocolate. Add more rooibos if you prefer a stronger rooibos taste. If you don’t have instant rooibos infuse milk with a rooibos teabag and heat till just under boiling point. Then mix in the chocolate mix.
Makes about 150g
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Recipe developed and tested by Carmen Niehaus
100 g Dark chocolate, broken into pieces
15 ml Good quality cacao (1t)
45 ml Carmien Instant Rooibos (3t)
15 ml Custard powder (1T)
1. Mix together all the ingredients in the food processor till finely chopped, taking care not to over-process as the chocolate will melt.
2. Store in an airtight container.
1. Spoon 30-45 ml (2-3T) of the chocolate mixture in a mug and add 250ml (1c) milk, bring to the boil, stirring very often.
2. Top with milk foam if preferred.
3. Add more instant rooibos if preferred.