NO-COOK BRAAI SAUCE
6 Carmien Revive green rooibos (with ginger & chilli)
500 ml (2 c) boiling water
45 ml (3 T) oil
250 ml (1 c) chutney
200 ml Worcester sauce
125 ml (1/2 c) tomato sauce
30 ml (2 T) prepared mustard
60 ml (6 T) wine vinegar
12 chicken pieces
Salt to taste
250 ml (1 c) braaipap
Pinch of salt
500 ml (2 c) Carmien Green rooibos tea, made with 4 bags
1 can (400 g) corn kernels, drained (optional)
50 g feta, crumbled (optional)
1. Place the tea bags in a mixing bowl, add boiling water and infuse for about 5 minutes; squeeze the bags to remove all liquid and remove the bags.
2. Add rest of the ingredients and stir well.
3. Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a large dish.
4. Season with salt.
5. Pour over the marinade.
6. Leave for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
1. Arrange the chicken on a braai grid and braai over moderate coals till done, about 30—40 minutes or until the juices runs clear.
2. Brush frequently with the marinade.
3. Pour the leftover marinade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Boil until reduded to a thick sauce.
5. Serve the chicken with pap and spoon over some of the sauce.
1. Mix together the braaipap and salt with a little of the rooibos tea to make a paste.
2. Pour rest of rooibos tea in a saucepan, add the pap paste and stir while bringing to the boil.
3. Once cooking, lower the heat and cook for another 20 minutes till done, stir frequently.
4. Add the corn kernels and feta cheese if preferred, stir and heat till warm.
5. Serve with the chicken.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.