375 ml (11/2 c) Carmien creamy vanilla rooibos tea (made with 6 bags)
125 ml (1/2 c) white wine
125 ml (1/2 c) sugar
6 peaches or nectarines
Handful almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
10 ml (2 t) sugar
1. Bring the tea, wine and sugar to the boil, stir till the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the peaches and cook about 5—10 minutes until the skin loosens.
3 .Drain, but keep the syrup. Boil down till syrupy.
4. Cool the peaches slightly, then slip off the skin of each peach. Place back into the syrup and refrigerate till icy cold.
5. Roast the seeds in a dry frying pan until a light brown. Sprinkle with sugar and stir till slightly caramelised. Spoon onto an oiled plate and leave to cool. Break into slivers.
6. Serve the peaches with a good helping of syrup, top with caramelised seeds and serve with blue cheese on the side.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.