5 X 250 ml (5 c) white bread flour
5 ml (1 t) sugar
10 ml (2 t) salt
1 sachet (10 g) instant yeast
500 ml (2 c) luke-warm Carmien Green rooibos tea, made with 2 tea bags
Maize meal for dusting
Poppy seed, sesame seed
Cream cheese with black olives mixed in
Tomato salsa (see recipe)CHOPPED TOMATO SALAD
45—60 ml (3—4 T) sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
180 ml (3/4 c) Carmien Delight Rooibos Tea (2—3 bags)
1 ml (¼ t) each cumin, paprika and chilli powder
juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
60—80 ml (1/4—1/3 c) olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 kg cherry tomatoes, rinsed, and cut into pieces
½ each red and brown onion, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
30 g mixed chopped basil and/or coriander
60 g chopped pistachio nuts or toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Place a few baking sheets upside down in the oven to heat up.
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast in the bowl of a food processor. Process slowly to mix all the dry ingredients, keep the engine working, then slowly add the rooibos tea through the spout of the machine and process for about 7—10 minutes until a soft, slightly sticky dough is formed which is clinging onto the blade of the food processor.
2. Remove from the food processor, form in a ball, smear with olive oil, cover and let rise until double in size.
3. Divide the dough in 8-20 pieces, then roll out super thin on a floured surface.
4. Sprinkle the heated baking sheets with some mealie-meal and arrange the flatbreads on top (there is no need to rise the bread again.) Place the baking sheets as close as possible to the bottom element and bake 7 minutes till done and with some brown speckles on top.
1. Add some chopped herbs like parsley or oreganum to the dough OR add a handful of seeds.
2. Sprinkle the bread with some mozzarella cheese just after it is baked and place under the grill until the cheese is melted. Serve luke-warm.
1. Soak the sundried tomatoes in the warm rooibos tea till soft. Process together with rest of the ingredients in a food processor till smooth. Also add any left-over tea.
1. Mix the vegetables and herbs in a large dish.
2. Mix in some of the vinaigrette and spoon into a bowl. Sprinkle the nuts on top just before serving.
3. Serve with the flatbreads and leftover vinaigrette.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS
Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.