Berry Ice Tea Crush
October 27, 2021|All Recipes, Cold Drinks, Iced Teas
A refreshing Berry Ice Tea Crush that’s ideal for get-togethers during the hot Summer months, with the added benefits of Rooibos tea.
Makes about: 50 fl oz
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooling time: 20 min
- 25 fl oz (3 cups) Carmién Rooibos tea, made with 6-8 bags
- 1 fl oz (2 tablespoons) lime juice
- About 12 fl oz (1.5 cups) clear apple juice
- A handful of frozen mixed berries eg raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 2 basil leaves
- 0.3 oz (2 teaspoons) sugar or to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Tonic water or sparkling water to top up
- 1 small jalapeno chilli
- Thin apple slices
- Handful of blueberries
- 1-2 basil leaves
- Infuse the tea until cooled, and remove the tea bags, making sure to give it a good squeeze. Mix tea, lime juice and apple juice and cool till needed.
- Process the frozen berries with the basil leaves, sugar and salt till smooth. Spoon into a jar, mug or glasses.
- Add the refrigerated tea and top with tonic water or sparkling water to taste. Add some ice.
- Add jalapeno chilli, sliced apple and basil leaves.