LMC founder, Lize du Preez, nee` Mouton, is the inspiration behind this young growing brand, conceived in 2018. The beautifully packaged LMC Rooibos Tea Collection celebrates her South African roots, her love for tea, and a long family heritage of Rooibos farming.
LMC speaks directly to the consumer who prefers a touch of luxury, trendy design, and an exciting, personalized range of products that addresses their need for health and wellness in an environmentally friendly way. The LMC product ranges fit seamlessly into busy lifestyles – a complete package that says, “This is me”. Tasteful. Innovative. Trendy, yet individual.
THE LMC COLLECTIONS
Underpinned by the LMC Rooibos Collection, a Home Collection provides superior quality lifestyle items essential to a beautiful tea drinking experience that culminates in our Gifting Collection. Each LMC Collection is created to inspire delightful moments and conversations that go beyond just a cup of delicious tea.
All Rooibos used in the LMC Rooibos Collection is sustainably sourced from the Citrusdal valley located at the foothills of the Cederberg Mountains in the Western Cape of South Africa. This valley is the gateway to the Rooibos Tea route and the only region in the world where this miracle plant grows.
THE LMC COMMITMENT
Not only was Rooibos recently registered as a geographic indicator (GI) and awarded Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status by the European Union (Regulation (EU) No 1151/2012), but it is also the first African food to achieve this status. LMC Rooibos teas are grown on family and long term producer farms located in this unique area offering our customers full traceability from cup to crop.
In partnership with Carmién Tea and the Mouton Foundation, LMC is committed to the empowerment of farmworkers and community development, creating a better future for all. With LMC’s direct link to the farms, we are able to fully commit to job creation and improving the lives of farm workers. Ongoing projects to support our communities working and living on the various farms range from childcare and education to health and nutrition, training and elderly care. Our exclusive tea processing and packing facility, Bergendal Rooibos, is 50% owned by farm workers, who receive the full benefit of additional sales.
Apart from the commitment to social upliftment, LMC is also committed to protecting the earth and ensuring sustainability. Our producer farms strive to keep their work methods earth-friendly and safe. Additionally LMC increasingly looks for ways to ensure it stays on the forefront of sustainable packaging solutions, with all pyramid teabags being compostable.
THE LMC ROOIBOS COLLECTION
LMC Rooibos teas are available in packs of 20, individual envelope packs (ideal for guesthouses, hotels and restaurants) and various gift boxes. The brand offers Pure Rooibos, naturally caffeine and kilojoule free, and a range of delicious Rooibos based blends:
- Recently launched Rose & Vanilla – a deliciously creamy, beautifully fragrant blend of Rooibos, rose petals and vanilla flavouring. Can be enjoyed hot, with or without milk, at any time of day.
- Strawberries & Cream– a very special blend of Rooibos with summer-dried strawberries and cream flavour. A great every day, all-day tea to be enjoyed hot.
- Hazelnut Chocolate – a comforting blend of Rooibos, cocoa nibs and coconut, with a bold roasted hazelnut flavour. A great every day, all day tea to be enjoyed hot.
- Earl Grey – an aromatic blend of Rooibos with classic citrus notes of bergamot, a fragrant citrus fruit. A classic hot tea but equally refreshing served ice cold with lemon and mint leaves.
- Chai Rooibos – a warm, aromatic, spicy blend of Rooibos and traditional chai spices with added turmeric. Rich yet beautifully smooth. Enjoy as is or brew a strong chai mix at night topped with hot milk and a drizzle of honey. The perfect tea with any meal. Delicious hot or cold.
- Ginger & Lemongrass – a refreshing blend of Rooibos and superfood moringa. A great health blend with ginger and lemongrass adding a touch of heat to the smooth rooibos taste. Enjoy as is, hot or cold, or add some fresh ginger for extra zing. The perfect energy boost for that mid-morning slump
- Pear & Elderflower – a fragrant blend of pure Rooibos with sweet, fruity flavours of fresh pear and elderflower. A delicious, smooth tasting tea to enjoy all day long (for extra flavour and enjoyment add a teabag to your next gin).
- Lemon, Chamomile & Lavender – a soothing, relaxing, stress relieving Rooibos and chamomile blend with a refreshing lemon flavour. Equally delicious hot or cold.