The annual World Breastfeeding Week once again emphasized the critical need for improved workplace-related breastfeeding support and actions that can be taken to help ensure breastfeeding works for all women who work, wherever they work.
- More than half a billion working women are not given essential maternity protections in national laws;
- Just 20% of countries require employers to provide employees with paid breaks and facilities for breastfeeding or expressing milk;
- Fewer than half of infants under 6 months of age are exclusively breastfed.
The WHO, in conjunction with UNICEF, aim to make measurable impacts on people’s health at the country level with key messages to policymakers, employers and colleagues to amongst others, legislate and provide paid maternity leave, time and space for breastfeeding and supportive, flexible work schedules.
Women should not have to choose between breastfeeding their children and their work.
“Breastfeeding is one of the most effective ways to ensure child health and survival.”
- Breastmilk is the ideal food for infants. It is safe, clean and contains antibodies which help protect against many common childhood illnesses.
- Breastmilk provides all the energy and nutrients that the infant needs for the first months of life, and it continues to provide up to half or more of a child’s nutritional needs during the second half of the first year, and up to one third during the second year of life.
- Breastfed children perform better on intelligence tests, are less likely to be overweight or obese and less prone to diabetes later in life.
- Women who breastfeed also have a reduced risk of ovarian and breast cancers.
A common struggle with breastfeeding moms is a lack of sufficient breastmilk. Our Nursing tea is a specially formulated Rooibos blend to stimulate and increase lactation. The addition of Fenugreek, Fennel and Aniseed work together to increase milk production while Fennel is also antiseptic and helps with digestion.
Rooibos is also caffeine, sugar and kilojoule free and will therefore also assist in weight loss. Anemia is a common problem during pregnancy or breastfeeding; rooibos contains low levels of tannin – the ingredient in other teas that prevents your body from absorbing the iron you need. Rooibos therefore increases iron absorption and also contains iron, potassium and copper – all vital for metabolic functions. (Natural Rooibos is also an excellent drink for infants and babies from 6 months old.)
Carmién Nursing tea not only received the much sought-after Gourmet Gold award at the recent SIAL Paris exhibition and the Gold Innovation Award at the Mediterranean Taste Awards, but our customers are proof that Nursing tea does what it says:
“My milk supply has improved and my baby is happy. The tea is really good and smells amazing.” – Zinhle
“This nursing mamma tea has helped me so much, I went from relying on formula for my baby to get full, to breastfeeding 90% of the time. I drink 4 cups a day along with water.” – Gladys
“Carmién nursing tea has helped with breast milk production. It was effective within 24 hours. I breastfeed daily because of this product.” – Mandisa
“My supply has definitely gone up and I’m able to breastfeed my baby and pump right after! I love this product. I would definitely recommend it to other breastfeeding moms who struggle to keep their supply up.” – Oratile