Carmién rooibos tea has a multitude of healthy benefits, most of which we are unaware of, and can beneficially impact our gut and brain health. The gut is often called the ‘second brain’. Gut bacteria affect brain health, so changing our gut bacteria may serve well to improve our brain health.
The importance of gut health is often under-estimated or something we simply don’t know enough about. Gut health is all about our microbiome, a system of micro-organisms that live in our gut and determines our total wellbeing. Our microbiome affects our immune system and hormonal system, and as mentioned, our brain health. An unhealthy gut is also associated with allergies, autism and ADHD.
For a healthy gut we need to eat the right food and provide the right atmosphere for these micro-organisms to grow. This means sufficient intake of:
- Enough hydrating fluids, such as Carmién rooibos, as it is very important for fibre to absorb liquid which makes stools softer. Dehydration (not enough fluids) can lead to constipation.
- Soluble fibre found in fruit, oats, vegetables, seeds i.e. flax and chia seeds which provide good ground for bacteria to flourish in.
- Fermented foods, as they contain natural probiotics, such as amasi, yoghurt, sauerkraut, as well as tempe (fermented soya beans). Introduce the use of these products from a young age. Probiotics may help improve symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression.
Carmién Tea is a lifestyle not a trend, creating general wellbeing and a stronger immune system to combat viruses and diseases. So, how does Carmien tea benefit our gut health?
- Firstly, a daily intake of 6 cups of rooibos tea has proven benefits and keeps our bodies hydrated. All it takes is your favourite Carmién rooibos blend and some water.
- Secondly, living a detoxed lifestyle. Our very popular Teatox range has just been extended to include 2 support teas that help to maintain a healthy gut. Detoxing is not just something you do for a week or two, it should form a regular part of your daily diet. This is how our detox range can help:
- Carmién Energise is an energizing, fat burning, immune boosting tea that reduces mental and physical fatigue, assisting in detoxing our metabolism. A great morning tea.
- Carmién Cleanse is an excellent digestive blend containing Senna, which has a mild laxative effect, helping to keep the body regular, relieving bloating and indigestion. A perfect bedtime tea.
- Make our Carmién Energise and Carmién Cleanse part of your breakfast with these delicious smoothie recipes.
- Carmién Delight contains hoodia which is a natural appetite suppressant helping to curb cravings and aids digestion.
- Carmién Rescue with buchu is an excellent anti-bloating tea and helps fight urinary tract infections, gout and high blood pressure caused by excess water retained in the body. Flushes the kidneys and helps prevent swollen feet.
Who would have thought a pot of Carmién rooibos tea a day can really keep the doctor away!